Monday, October 3, 2011

Set Fire to the Rain

Living in Washington, you don't get any pity for complaining about the dreary atmosphere that inhabits all of your surroundings for 3/4 of the year. You just don't get it. I won't feel sorry for you; in fact, I'll just laugh at you from behind the safety of my black winter North Face.
I'm not saying this to make you feel bad, or even to change your approach to the situation. I'm just letting you know how I, and most of the people who have lived here for quite some time, will handle our responses. And it goes a little something like this, "Shut up".
Yes, yes, it does get rather blustery around this time of year, and as fall claims top priority, so does the terrential downpour of rain. It's almost as if someone is sitting up on those dark ominous clouds, pouring buckets of water on our tiny disheveled bodies, just for the heck of it. At least it's a nice visual.
Thankfully I got my mom's cold blooded genes (sarcasm much), which means whatever weather, I feel the extreme of it. So when it's freezing out like it is today, there's nothing I want more than to snuggle up in my bed with ten layers of clothes on and hot chocolate. If I were to do that everytime I was cold however, I would never move. The term 'bedhead' would turn literal in my case.
Look at me complaining! I need to stop that. The whole purpose of this entry was to just say bring on the hail, the storms and the wind, I'll be here all year!

No comments:

Post a Comment