Monday, March 7, 2011

3. Journey

Jut a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world...
I'm pretty sure every human being on the planet can recite that song from heart. Journey captivated hearts in the 80's and is still known to this day as one of the greatest classic rock bands of all time.
I was given first very own Journey CD in 7th grade, and it was the Escape album. To this day that is still my favorite, ever.
STEVE PERRY...need I say more?
I could probably leave it at that and it would have been enough. Perry had a way of putting emotion into every syllable he sang. That's hard to find, so Journey better thank the Lord that they found him. My dad I crank them up in the car constantly, we both know all the words to all the songs and we display that loudly and proudly.
Maybe I'm just an egotistical fangirl who thinks she's better than the rest of the world, but the fact that Don't Stop Believin' is the only Journey song that most kids my age know, it makes me hate what the world has become. How can people only know ONE Journey song, but can sing every Justin Bieber song word for word? Listen up teenagers of America: let's start listening to real music, yeah? Yeah. You won't find a better example of that than with this band right here. And if you are one of the rare examples of kids who, like me, appreciate them more than just surface level classics, then I applaud your excellence. We should grab lunch sometime.... or not.

Songs you have to listen to:
-Mother Father
-Faithfully
-Open Arms
-Stone In Love
-Seperate Ways
-Who's Crying Now

No comments:

Post a Comment